Dr. Ashok Thorat
DNB (General Surgery),
Fellowship in HPB & Liver Transplantation (Taiwan),
Masters in Hepatic Surgery & Liver Transplantation (Taiwan),
- Senior Consultant
- Dr. Ashok Thorat is a Senior Consultant at SRCC Children’s Hospital, managed by Narayana Health with an experience of over 10 years. He completed his MBBS from Pune University, Maharashtra and DNB (General surgery) from National Board, New Delhi. He then pursued FIASGO Fellowship in HPB Surgery from Athens Medical Centre, Greece. He further pursued IHPBA approved Clinical Fellowship in HPB and Liver Transplantation from Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou, Taiwan and Masters in Hepatic Surgery & Liver Transplantation from China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan.
- Dr. Ashok Thorat is the first Indian doctor to pursue master’s training in liver surgery in Taiwan and also only Indian doctor who have ever worked in Taiwan for more than 5 years.
- Dr. Ashok Thorat is well trained in SICU management, with special interest in management of ICU of Liver Transplant recipients. He has gained advanced laparoscopic training in Hepato-Biliary Surgery with special interest in Robotic Liver surgeries. Dr. Thorat is also trained in complex Adult as well pediatric live donor liver transplantation and postoperative management and has done extensive clinical research work in this field.
- He has presented several scientific papers / posters / presentations in National & International Journals and Conferences and is a recipient of many awards. Dr. Ashok Thorat has more than 60 publications and more than 70 international posters to his credit and his research work continues to expand.
- He has been an international faculty presenter in more than 10 international conferences.
- DNB (General Surgery), Fellowship in HPB & Liver Transplantation (Taiwan), Masters in Hepatic Surgery & Liver Transplantation (Taiwan), FIASGO (Greece)
- 10 years